Toledo - Transfer Students
Complete Your Degree Sooner
At Herzing University, we’ll support and guide you through the process of completing your bachelor’s degree or diploma.
You’ll save time and money when you apply what you already know. Transfer credit from your previous course work, training, work experience, or military experience, and you’ll get a head start on your degree and career.
Credit Transfer Checklist
Here is everything you need to know about transferring credits from other colleges and universities:
- You must meet the Herzing University’s general undergraduate admissions requirements
- Herzing accepts transfer credits into any degree or diploma program. The course for which credit is being sought must have been taken at an accredited post-secondary institution and must be comparable to the course at Herzing University.
- Your grade for the course under consideration must be a “C” or higher.
- Submit your official transcript from all previous colleges or universities attended. An official description of the course under consideration when available can be very helpful in the credit evaluation process.
- To earn your degree or diploma from Herzing, the last 12 semester credit hours and at least 25 percent of the total credits required must be taken at Herzing University. In addition, the total number of credits transferred to Herzing, plus course exemption credits, can not exceed 75 percent of the credits required for a degree or diploma.
Herzing University has a number of transfer agreements with technical and community colleges nationwide. See if your school is on the list.
Earn Credit for Life Experience
Through Herzing’s partnership with LearningCounts.org, you can earn college credit for what you already know from work experience, military experience, non-credit courses, and training. LearningCounts.org is an online service that helps evaluate the level of your prior learning through portfolio documentation and assessment:
- Students may request up to six credits per portfolio within a single discipline.
- For requests greater than six credits or across multiple disciplines, students may submit additional portfolios.
- Learn more about LearningCounts.org.
To learn more about Herzing’s transfer policies and agreements, please contact an admissions advisor.
Note: If you decide to transfer to another college or university, please check with the admissions office of that institution. Accepting credits from Herzing University is entirely at the discretion of the receiving institution.